National Seminar on Ancient Indian Science and Technology (NSAIST-2015) was held on 14th October 2015
Seminar coordinator– Prof D P Mishra (Department of Aerospace)
Patron– Prof. Indranil Manna (Director, IIT Kanpur)
The National Seminar on Ancient Indian Science and Technology will strive to bridge the gap and create awareness towards ancient science and technology of the past and their utility in the current scenario. The objective is to use modern technology sustainably with inspiration drawn from the scientific and cultural heritage of the past Indian Civilization. Ancient science and technology is an everlasting source of intellectual resource and our ancestors have excelled in rational thinking. The seminar will highlight inspirational past technology that have been metamorphisized hand -in-hand with mother nature unlike current technologies that aim to conquer mother nature to achieve ends. Protection of intellectual property of our ancestors will also be covered, and a re- look on present scientific culture vis-a-vis ancient scientific heritage will be discussed. This seminar will be deliberating on ancient mathematics, science architecture and engineering, heritage and culture among the students, faculty members.
Purpose of the seminar
- To create awareness about the need for exploring ancient Indian scientific Philosophies.
- To resurrect the lost faith in our scientific culture & heritage.
- To explore and imbibe new ways and means to overcome of excessive exploitation of Mother nature armed with power of modern science and technology.
- To propagate the ethos of our ancient science and technologies.
- To encourage participants to carry out research in ancient Indian science and technologies.
- NATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Padmabhushan Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar (Former Director General, CDAC, Pune)
National President, Vijnana Bharati
Dr. H R Nagendra Vice Chancellor, S-VYASA, Bangalor
Prof. A. B. Samaddar Director NIT Sikkim
Dr. A. K. Saxena Former Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur
Prof. H C Verma IIT Kanpur
Dr. Arvind Dixit, Kanpur (Sectional President, Materials Science Section Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata)
Prof. P K Mohapatra IIT Gandhinagar
Prof. R. Joshi IIT Bombay
Prof. V N Prabhakar IIT Gandhinagar