Working in Professor Scale: 37400-67000 AGP – 10000
Assoc. Professor (Agroforestry) &
Officer-in-Charge, Agribusiness Management
Department of Soil Conservation & Water Management
Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture &Technology,
Kanpur-208002, U.P., India
Contact No: 0512-2534164 (O) Mobile: 09838109895
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date of Birth : 04 March, 1966
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Married
Academic Record :
1993 : Ph.D. (Soil Conservation & Water Management) CSAUA&T, Kanpur
1987 : M.Sc. (Ag.) Soil Conservation & Water Management, Minor Soil Science, 1st Position in the Dept. of Soil Conservation & Water Management , CSAUA&T, Kanpur
1985 : B.Sc. (Ag. & A.H.), I- Division, CSAUA&T, Kanpur
1982 : Intermediate, Agriculture, I -Division, U.P. Board, Allahabad
1980 : High School, Agriculture, II-Division, U.P. Board, Allahabad
|uary 4, 1992
||Assistant Professor (Agro-forestry)
|1992 to 1995
||Officer-in-Charge (Wasteland Development Project)
|1995 to 1998
||Principal Investigator (National Watershed Development Project for Rainfed Area’s)
|1999 to Feb. 2011
||Officer-in-Charge, Agril. Research Information System (ARIS)
|Jul. 2000-Sept. 2002
||Co-CCPI “Resource Characterization & Socio-Economic Constrains and Analysis of Productivity of Maize Based Crop Production System” (NATP).
|Jan. 04, 2002
||Associate Professor (Agro forestry)
||Principal Investigator, Project on Development Tree Borne Oilseeds (Funded by NOVOD Board).
|Jul., 2004- Mar., 2012
||Principal Investigator, National Network Project on Integrated Development of Jatropha & Karanja. (Funded by NOVOD Board).
||Co-PI, Development of Quality Plant Material & on Farm Testing of Medicinal Plants. (Funded by NMPB).
|Dec.20, 2008 to Nov., 10, 2013
||Associate Professor (Agribusiness Management) *Additional charge
|2009 to Nov.14, 2013
||Nodal Officer, National Knowledge Network, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India
|Feb., 2011 to Nov. 14, 2013
||In-charge, Agricultural Knowledge Management Units (AKMU)
|July 2011 – March 2012
||Co-PI, NAIP, CSAUA&T, Kanpur
|Aug, 2011 – till date
Nov. 11, 2013- till date
Sept.,2014- contd.In-charge, Forestry Teaching Department of Forestry.
Officer In-charge (HOD) Agri-business Management
Principal Investigator, Bio-prospecting of microbes from different agro-ecological niches for promotion of low-input green technology for sustainable and organic farming in Eco- Agriculture
- Recipient of University Book Prize for obtaining Ist Position in the Department of Soil Conservation and Water Management in the university during the year 1987.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Certificate of Appreciation, Akhil Bhartiya Rabi Kisan Mela and Krishi Udhyog Pradarshni from 3 – 6 March, 2002 CSAUA& T, Kanpur.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Certificate of Appreciation, Akhil Bhartiya Kisan Mela and Krishi Udhyog Pradarshni from 3-6 March, 2003 CSAUA& T, Kanpur.
- of Forestry received First prize in Kisan Mela and Krishi Udhyog Pradarshni from October 3-6, 2007 CSAUA& T, Kanpur.
- of Forestry received First prize in Kisan Mela and Krishi Udhyog Pradarshni from March 2-5, 2008.
- Appreciation and Recognition of work by Dean, College of Agriculture, CSAUA&T, Kanpur, June 2008.
- Young Scientist Award 2008 conferred by Society of Recent Development in Agriculture at National Symp. on Scenario of Agriculture in Changing Climatic Conditions from Oct 18-19 2008 at S.V.B.P.U of Agric. & Technology, Meerut (UP).
- Kulpati Prashasti Praman Patra – 2008 conferred by Vice-Chancellor, CSAUA&T, Kanpur.
- Acharya Raghuvir Prasad Trivedi Sarjana Award of Rs 8000.00 awarded By Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan, Lucknow, Govt. of U.P. for writing the book on vkS”k/kh; ,oa lxa/kh; Qlyksa dk d`f”kdj.k] 2005.
- My Name was published in “A brief profile of Experts” (History Book) Published by Soil Conservation Society of India, New Delhi.
- Vice President, Alumni Association, CSAUA&T, Kanpur
- Azad Krishi Samman-2013 conferred by CSAUA&T,Kanpur
Advanced Courses :
||Agro-forestry, Forage Production and Animal Nutrition – One month Training Course at IGFRI, Jhansi
||Soil Resources Inventory for Land Evaluation-one month Training Course at NBSS & LUP, Calcutta
||Use of Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing techniques in Management of Land Water Resources – at IARI, New Delhi
||Agricultural Research Information System, at IASRI, New Delhi
||Research Management at NAARM, Hyderabad
||Development of Internet and Intranet using Linux Operating System at CIRG, Mathura.
||Integrated Pest Management at CSAUA&T, Kanpur.
||The Cyberary: A platform for Information Management & Networking at MANAGE, Hyderabad.
||LINUX SHELL PROGRAMING at APTECH CORPORATE TRAINING
||Introduction to Arc GIS at ESRI, India, New Delhi.
||Communication Skills and Personality Development conducted by Directorate of Human Resource Development, CSAUA&T, Kanpur
||Management Development Programme on Agri-business Management at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
2013Training Programme on Researchers Training-II: Data Analysis Using SAS of NAIP at IVRI, Bareilly.
Participated in one day workshop of RuTAG at IIT, Kanpur on 14 Feb. 2013.
Participated in 4rth Workshop-cum-SAS installation training for Nodal Officers at LES & IT Division, IVRI, Bareilly from 20-21 Sept. 2013.
- Imparting teaching of UG (Agriculture & Forestry), PG Department of Department of Soil Conservation & Water Management, Agronomy, Forestry and D. in Soil Conservation & Water Management.
- Prepared practical manual for UG Agriculture and Forestry.
- Prepared and designed the PG courses of the Dept. of Soil Conservation and Water Management in association with HOD.
- Guided Six PG Students of the dept. of Soil Conservation and Water Management & Four students of D. as major advisor & 4 Ph.D. as Co-advisor.
- Course Coordinator of Work Experience in Forestry for B.Sc. forestry, VIIth The student placed for Forestry work under the supervision of DFOs of respective district viz; Etawah, Kanpur nagar, Renukoot, Piliphit, Bahraich & Meerut.
- Course Coordinator of Graduate Students of Forestry of the University during Wildlife week at Zoological Garden, Kanpur to teach the people and school children during Wildlife week.
- Act as Placement Coordinator in the Dept of Agribusiness Management from Dec. 2008 to till date.
- Act as Coordinator of Work Experience in Forestry was organized for B.Sc. forestry, VIIth semester. The student placed for Forestry work under the supervision of DFOs; Etawah during 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- The rainfed technology developed and adopted in the Ghatampur watershed was found suitable, economically viable and ecologically sustainable in managing the problems of the ravinous watershed of Yamuna river namely; Contour bunding, Land leveling and smoothening, Contour furrowing, Field bunding & leveling, Sunken structures along with Vegetative barriers of Vetiver, Sacchrum munja and Rambans in controlling soil loss & runoff which resulted in an overall increase of 20 – 25 percent in the yield level of crops like; wheat, barley, gram, mustard, linseed, pea, soybean, groundnut, pigeonpea and sorghum in the project.
- The wells of the watershed area also showed a progressive recharging of water table (1.5 m) during the operational period of the project.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) could be grown successfully with Auger hole technique of pit digging along with 50 percent replacement of original pit soil by filling mixture (FYM + Gypsum + Soil) on sodic soil under agro-forestry system.
- The field crops under agro-forestry systems can be successfully grown at early years of plantation with better crop yield.
- Performance of the Multipurpose Tree Species (MPTs) on sodic soil were found better in order of Acacia nilotica, Albizia procera, Eucalyptus terticornis, Dalbergia sissoo, Leucaena leucocephala, Azadirachta indica, Cassia siamea and Terminalia arjuna.
- The Setaria sphacelate has been observed to give maximum green fodder yield under silvi-pastoral system. However, Tryspecific hybrid and Brachiria mutica was found second and third in order of productivity. The substantial improvement in microclimate and physico-chemical properties of soil i.e. decrease in pH, EC and ESP was also noticed.
- Establishment of National, Progeny, Zonal and Sivlicultural trials on Jatropha at Regional Research Station Daleepnagar and SIF, Kanpur under the Project on National Network on Integrated Development of Jatropha and Karanja.
- Selection of 46 CPTs of Jatropha & 42 CPTs Karanja in the area jurisdiction of the CSA University, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Jatropha plantation on farmers fields in the districts Unnao, Raibarely, Lucknow, Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur Dehat, Farukhabad, Etawaha, Auiriya and Hardoi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Ex-situ conservation of 111 Medicinal & Aromatic plants species in Azad Herbal Garden established under department of Forestry.
- Transfer of Technology- Conducted adaptive trials on suitability of improved crop production technology in the farming system viz-a-viz. existing technology on various crops under National Watershed Development Programme for Rainfed Areas at Ghatampur, Kanpur Dehat.
- Delivered lectures in Kisan Gosthies/Farmers trainings conducted by KVKs/Directorate of Extension/Head of Department Agri-business Management, Department of Agriculture under NWDPRA programme and DHO, Kanpur.
- Organized Twelve Farmers training Programme as Principal Investigator under the Project on Development Tree borne Oilseeds Funded by NOVOD Board, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Organized Six Trainers training Programme as Principal Investigator under the Project on Development Tree borne Oilseeds Funded by NOVOD Board, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Delivered lectures on Jatropha & Karanja, Medicinal plants and Agroforestry systems in Kishan Goshties and farmers fair organized at various places.
- Organized 10 National Seminars/workshops and trainings under SAU Research Management project of DASP to the faculty members of the University and Two National Seminar on (i) Forest Resource Management on November 15-17, 2003 and (ii) Forestry-Ecological Security and Sustainable Development on March 30-31, 2006 in which large number of forestry scientists, teachers, PIA, foresters, engineers, administrators, social workers, students and progressive farmers attended the seminar.
- Member, Agricultural Information Bureau of the University. July, 2000
- Co-Editor “Krishak Bharti” Monthly Magazine, 2000-2005
Research Publications :
Total publications : 130
Research papers : 26
International Journals : 05
National Journals : 21
Book Chapters : 04
Symposia, Seminars/Workshops : 40
Scientific Popular Articles : 42
Scientific Reports/Proceedings/Books : 18
- tSVªksQk ¼jrutksr½ ,d ifjp;] izdkf”kr ebZ, 2005.
- vkS”k/kh; ,oa lxa/kh; Qlyksa dk d`f”kdj.k] izFke lLadj.k] izdkf”kr twu] 2005-
- vkS”k/kh; ,oa lxa/kh; ikS/kksa dh vk/qkfud d`f”k rduhfd] izdkf”kr ekpZ] 2006-
- A Text Book of Computer Science Published October, 2006.
- tSVªksQk ¼jrutksr½ ,d ifjp;] f}rh; lLadj.k izdkf”kr Qjojh, 2009.
- Souvenir and Alumni Directory by Alumni Association on the auspicious occasion of Alumni Meet – 2009
- Contributed two chapters (Soil resources and Soil and water conservation) in the book: Title: Forestry: Principles and Application Editors: Antony Joseph Raj & S.B. Lal in Sept. 2012 Published by Scientific Publishers (India), Jodhpur.
- Contributed chapter (Agriculture and Agribusiness Management Education in India) in the book: Title: Sustaining Management Education in India in 21st Century: Issues, Challenges & Strategies Editors: R.K. Trivedi, Tulika Saxena & P.K. Dwivedi in 2013 Published by Wisdom Publications Delhi-110 095
- Contributed two chapters (Agroforestry practices for salt affected lands & soil fertility improvement and nutrient cycling in agroforestry) in the book: Title: Agroforestry – theory and practices Editors: Antony Joseph Raj & S.B. Lal in 2013 Published by Scientific Publishers (India), Jodhpur.
- Conferences/ Workshops/ Seminars attended : 51
- Membership of professional societies : 11
- Foreign visits : Manila, Philippines
Expert/Member Selection Committee :
- Expert Member of UPSIDC, Kanpur.
- Expert Member for selection of Research Associates and Computer programmer, CSAUA & T, Kanpur.
- Expert Member of MSME Kanpur
- Expert Member in Ramganga Command Project, Kanpur
- CST UP, Lucknow
- UPPSC, Allahabad
- Expert Member of ICAR
As Officer-in-charge ARIS Cell (ICT Centre):
- Organized Computer and Internet training for 222 faculty members and 80 non-technical staff of the university as Training Coordinator.
- Organized two weeks training on Application of Internet and its uses to Faculty members of the university during Feb-Mar, 2009.
- Design, Develop and hosted website of the University (www.csauk.ac.in).
- Established Local Area Network (LAN) for Internet connectivity to various offices of the University.
- Web/ LAN server management
- Management of Mail Server etc
- Application of thread management system in the university Network
- Introduction of Human Resource Information System.
As In-Charge, Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit :
- Start CSA SMS Alert Services on January 26, 2011
- Starting of e-Thesis services
Other Professional Activities:
- Co-Editor of KRISHAK BHARTI monthly magazine Published by Agricultural Information Bureau of the University.
- Working as Co-CCPI in the Project “Resource Characterization and Socio-Economic Constraint Analysis of Productivity in the Maize Based Crop Production System.
- Acted as expert in various selection committees constituted by the University.
- Referee of Indian Journal of Soil Conservation published by Indian Society of Soil & Water Conservationists, Dehradun.
- Referee of Farm Science Journal , Kanpur
- Warden – Three years.
- External examiner of colleges /universities.
- Master Trainer of TBOs Jatropha and Karanja.
- Master Trainer of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
- Guest speaker of Forest Training Institute, Kanpur
- Organized Brain storming meeting to decide the mandate for the different departments of College of Agriculture in global perspective and to identify the priority area of basic and applied research in different subjects as well as raising income in the University.
- Act as Co-convener of National Conference on “Agripreneurship & Agribusiness: Opportunities and Challenges organized by STEP-HBTI Campus, Kanpur.
TV Talk – Lucknow Doordarshan :
- Jatropha in Uttar Pradesh, 22 May, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh me Krishi Vaniki, 27 May, 2011
- Jatropha in Uttar Pradesh, , 2011
- vkS”kf/k ikS/kks dh oSKkfud [ksrh] 2 tuojh, 2012
- d`f”k okfudh] ekPkZ, 2012
- d`f”k okfudh] fnlEcj, 2013